I can’t believe we’ve already reached a new school year. Next week my babies start school again (Jude in preschool, Brooklyn starting Kindergarten, and Ella entering third) and we’ll be back in a (somewhat) regular routine! (I’m currently typing this out while on a family vacation in Orange County). We’re ready! I’m ready! I love the sunshine, spontaneous adventures, and loads of family fun and memories made that Summertime brings, but I’m ready for a little bit more of a scheduled routine.
I have a few tricks up my sleeve when it comes to prepping and getting the kiddos out of the house and on time every morning. Honestly, they’re not genius or light bulb ideas but hey- one of you might read it and think “Yes! Why didn’t I think of that”!
- Make lunches the night before, keep in fridge, grab n go in the morning!
- Pick/set out their clothes. My (amazing) husband would do this every morning before he left for work. It saves so much time being that you’ll spend half of your morning dragging them out of bed 😉
- Stuff/pack backpacks and place all to go items by the door the night before.
- Buy grab n go breakfast items. We rarely make anything that takes longer than 5 min to prep in the morning. Bagels, pop tarts, yogurt, fruit, frozen waffles, protein bars… those are our go-tos.
- For the morning of – wake the kids up 15 minutes earlier than your targeted “wake up” time. This allows for a more stress free morning and this is KEY to getting their (and your) day started on the right foot. Chances are, there will be something one of you will forget to grab or remember to do. This extra time allows for these moments to occur without causing extra stress.
Have any other helpful tips to share?!
Everything my kiddos are wearing below are from Walmart – their backpacks, outfits (we picked up their outfits in store)… we even order most of my daughters everyday school uniform from Walmart. They have the best prices and a great selection! PLUS I love that they now offer free 2 day shipping on most of their online selection.
Shop their backpacks and other cute options below…
Huge thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are completely my own.