My skincare routine changes from time to time and it’s been a bit since I’ve updated you guys (Shared a few posts here and here). I have my tried and true products that I’ll never sway from (or so I say), but as a blogger I think it’s important to try out new or trending products to share my thoughts with you all. Some of it them are a hit, some of them are a miss… and some of them I probably won’t get to as there are a ton of good products (and brands) on the market and it takes a good 30 days or so to really notice a difference in your skin. Because we all have different skin types, what works for me may not work for you and vice versa, but hopefully sharing my personal experience will help some of you find products that you love and work well for your skin, too.
So let’s start with my morning routine. You’ll see that overall I use a lot of Tula products. I’ve been using this brand for a few years now and they have become a cult favorite of mine for a number of reasons, the biggest being the hydration and glow behind each and every product. If you suffer with dull or dry skin, try their products! You will not be disappointed. Their products are probiotics based and it is a clean line (no parabens, phthalates, etc.)
My code ELLABROOKS is always active for 15% off.
I always recommend using a Vitamin C and Retinol into your skincare routine and will share about the ones I use below (currently on sale).
- Purifying Cleanser – This is one of my all time favorite Tula products. It cleans your face very effectively while brightening and giving off a glow. This tube will last you at least 2-3 months.
- Pro-Glycolic Toner – This toner helps smooth out your skin tone, plumps, and contains glycolic acid which helps tone and exfoliate skin. A lot of people skip out on toner – don’t! It really sets the tone for your skincare regimen.
- C E Ferulic – The best Vitamin C on the market! This is one popular product and for good reason. My derm, esthetician, and beauty bloggers alike all rave about it. It contains pure Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Ferulic Acid. Over time it is known to reduce fine lines and increase your skins elasticity/firmness. Currently ON SALE for 15% (this does not happen often) + Free Shipping. Use code SKINC15
- Oil Free Gel Cream – this is my morning time moisturizer. It’s more lightweight, oil-free (great for acne prone skin) and really hydrates your skin well. It’s like drinking up a few glasses of water for your skin. You’ll notice a difference in appearance/hydration right away.
- Sunscreen – Not sure if this is technically considered apart of my skincare routine but it’s a step I don’t miss everyday. I use to use this tinted moisturizer and while I did love it, once I made the switch to this pure sunscreen, I’m not going back. It’s my very favorite. Its a lightweight, oil-free sunscreen that protects acne-prone and sensitive skin. It also hydrates which once again… I’m a huge fan of. One of the top rated sunscreens on the market and recommended by my derm.
I also love to use…
- Illuminating Serum – Besides the eye balm, this is my favorite Tula product for a GLOW! Seriously amazing results. I will always choose a hydrated/dewy/glowy look over matte and this product is the one to grab if you love that look too. It also targets hyper-pigmentation and dull skin. This has been a favorite of your guys’.
Night time Routine
- Cleansing Oil – Cult favorite of mine. This oil completely removes your make up while not stripping your skins natural oils. It is extremely hydrating and even works well to remove eye make up. Love love love!
- Purifying Cleanser – Same product I use in the morning, I use this after my cleansing oil at night so that it cleans my actual skin, not just focusing on make up removal. Always double cleanse, especially if you are wearing make up. This will ensure you remove make up AND clean your skin / get deep down into your pores.
- Mandelic Acid – I use this as my toner/serum at night. While it’s not technically a toner, it’s a different form of acid (Mandelic as opposed to glycolic I use in the AM) Five Star reviews on this product and you can read all about what it does here. They are also currently having a sale if you want to take advantage of it. If you need to add anything else to your cart to take advantage of the discount, make it the hair oil or this eye retinol serum. SO GOOD!
- Retinol – THIS STUFF IS MAGIC. Again, if you haven’t implemented a retinol into your skincare routine, you need to! It is vital for anti-aging as it helps speed up your cell turnover rate and also improves skin discoloration/tone (the biggest difference I noticed literally the first time I used it). It can be drying so don’t freak out if your skin starts peeling a bit or seems a bit more dry than normal. That is a normal side effect and means it’s doing its job. Your skin may be a bit sensitive until it adjusts to it so I would recommend starting off using it twice a week until you can build up to every other day or so. It’s personal preference as I know people who prefer to use it every night. Listen to your skin and ask someone who knows skincare. I use the 1.0 which is a stronger version. My skin can tolerate it but if you have more sensitive skin, I’d recommend starting out with the .5. They are both on sale right for 15% off (Skin Ceuticals rarely goes on sale) so take advantage of it while you can! Use the code SKINC15 to get 15% off plus free shipping!
- Moisturizer – There are a few I rotate between. It really depends on what your skin needs are and what you’re looking for. If you want a versatile day/night cream that can be applied in both the morning & night I would recommend this one by Tula. Again you can use my code ELLABROOKS for 15% off. For a deeper moisturizer, I also love this one (currently sold out) and this one by Beauty Bio. Her stuff is magic too. After applying retinol, I would recommend using a lighter/non fragrance moisturizer as your skin is already trying to balance itself out from the retinol. This is where Tula products are great as the probiotics base help balance and calm irritated or inflamed skin.
- Facial Oil – I’ve just recently gotten into loving facial oils. I use to think they would break me out (as I have acne prone skin), but if you are using the correct ones, this is simply not true. My very favorite being this one by Beauty Bio and I also love this one by Colleen Rothschild. It only takes 3-4 drops and I press it into my face following my skincare routine. Once you try them, you will be hooked! It adds an instant radiance and glow/hydration.
- Eye Cream – My very favorites are this retinol serum by Colleen Rothschild (It contains a retinol and the formula is so.good!) and this one by Beauty Bio. I rotate between the two every night.