Ahhhhhhh! The longawaited.highlyanticipated.glorious Nordstrom Anniversary sale is finally HERE! Starting today, July 9, if you are a Nordstrom credit card or debit card holder (taken directly out of your bank account, this is what I have and 100% recommend!), you have early access to shop the Anniversary Sale 8 days earlier than everyone else to save on brand-new fall arrivals. If you don’t have one- apply here and get to shopping early… remember, you don’t have to apply for the credit card- I’ve had my debit card for a few years and if I’m going to be totally honest, I’ve used it maybe a total of ten times… it doesn’t effect my credit and it doesn’t expire- win, win!
I know, I know… shopping and spending money on fall items right in the smack dab middle of Summer?? I remember having the exact same thoughts a few years back, however, what’s great about a lot of these items is they can transition from Summer to Fall to Winter to Spring, no problem! Also- let me point out that this particular sale does not reflect items that haven’t sold (and therefore may be unwanted items), rather, they are quite the opposite… Most of my top picks are items I would purchase at full price!
If you’ve been following along with me for a while, you know that (by the way that I shop and share with you all ;)) Nordstroms is one of my favorite stores for many, many reasons. Their customer service is superb, return policy is off the charts exceptional, and obviously their high end clothing is what seals the deal. And while most people think Nordstroms only sells expensive items, that is not the case. I shop regularly in their Juniors section and find unique, high quality pieces at a more affordable price.
Also… let me hit on this again… their return policy is seriously amazing. I mean, I’ve brought in jeans that I purchased there a year of two later after finding a tear or hole appearing and they’ve returned them at full price (no receipt), no problem.
Okay… so let’s get to the sale! Here is a round up of some of my favorite items… I may do a follow up post, but in the meantime, if you don’t follow me on IG- press that follow button! You can find me at Ellabrooksblog. I’ll be sharing items I personally love throughout the sale the next couple of weeks. And I don’t know about you, but seeing an item on someone always gives a different perspective and often makes me pull the trigger on the purchase 🙂
Here we go… FYI- We’re gonna work backwards here starting with #25 and working our way down to #1 (For some reason it arranged it that way & I’m unable to fix it- hope it doesn’t get you too lost!)… click on the item and it will take you there!
1. Space Dyed Cardigan – Longer Cardigans are right on trend. Layer this with a shirt & denim shorts for Summer or distressed jeans for fall. It also comes in every color imaginable- love!
2. Vegan Leather Pocket Tote – A classic leather tote is the way to go- Cognac is my go to pick but you can never go wrong with black either! It reminds me of the Madewell version, yet at a much more affordable price. This is a staple for any wardrobe and for $33- I’m loving it!
3. Plaid Blanket Poncho – Do you guys remember the red plaid poncho I wore (and posted) in a few pictures on IG this past winter?? I can’t tell you HOW many compliments and questions I received on this item. It was a hot commodity- that’s for sure! This one is very similar, and if I might add, a fraction of the price. It can be purchased online only. I think I might have to get it in black 🙂
4. Stripe Sweater Dress – A simple grey 3/4 sweater dress… another staple to add to your wardrobe. Can’t go wrong with this one… an easy every day outfit with converse, sandals, a hat, statement necklace… the possibilities are endless!
5. ‘Nikki’ Flare Jeans– Guys, Flares are coming back in and I LOVE it!!!! These are a STEAL from the color to the price (obviously the best part!)- $38! These are a no brainer in my opinion.
6. Vegan Leather Bucket Bag – Another on-trend item… the bucket bag. This one also comes in black and cognac. It looks much more high end than the price you’re paying for it… for $32 I’m definitely snatching one of these up!
7. Faux Leather Skinny Pants – Leather is still “in” and isn’t going any where any time soon. Once again, another staple item to add to your closet- I got so much wear out of my leather pants this past winter season- I highly encourage you to invest into a great pair! These are my pick!
8. ‘Tralin by’ Macrame Dress – Bright, flowy, FRINGE- this dress screams my name!
9. BLANKNYC ‘Private Practice’ Drape Front Mixed Media Jacket – This black leather jacket!!! The detail on it is amazing and so eye-catching. I already have an amazing black moto jacket but this one might be too great to pass up!
10. Onzie Low Rise Long Leggings – Tie Dye everything is in right now and I feel as if I’m always on the hunt for cute work out/mommy/everyday leggings. These.are.it!
11. Vigoss ‘Tomboy’ Destroyed Skinny Jeans (White) – I get questions ALL the time on my white skinny jeans… how perfect are these?! You know I’m about everything distressed!
12. Topshop ‘Polo Leah’ Faux Fur Vest – Another staple for your closet… this fur vest that will transition from fall to winter to spring. LOVE!
13. Topshop Suede A-Line Miniskirt – K… trust me on this one- this cognac suede skirt is totally fashion-forward. Haven’t seen suede a lot out there yet? It’s coming. I love it… seriously- one of my fav picks!
14. BP. Stripe V-Neck Pullover – A simple black/white striped pullover light sweater- cheap- perfection!
15. SP Black Destroyed Low Rise Skinny Jeans (Black) – I just have a feeling this might be one of the most popular items- Black skinny distressed jeans- my staple of all staples 😉
16. SP Black Ripped Knee Skinny Jeans (Black) – Black distressed skinny jeans option #2… If you are into distressed knees only- check these out!
17. HART Denim ‘Malli Rox’ Flare Leg Jeans – Another pair of flares that I’m a huge fan of. The color of these denim flares is probably my favorite thing about them.
18. MAC ‘Look in a Box’ Fashion Lover Lip Kit – Another question I get asked almost EVERY time I wear it in a pic- what color is the lipstick you’re wearing?? “Flat Out Fabulous” by MAC. Here it is guys!!! This kit includes this color lipstick along with a lip liner and a lipgloss to top it off. THIS KIT WILL SELL OUT! guaranteed! Grab it while you can!
19. MAC ‘Look in a Box’ Pretty Natural Lip Kit – I buy everything MAC when it comes to lips & if you are looking for the perfect natural summer look, I recommend buying this kit (p.s. This one will most likely sell out, too, so hop on it fast! ) With buying this package you’re basically getting an item for free and MAC does not do sales, so this is a once a year type of deal.
20. MAC ‘Look in a Box’ Basic Brush Kit – One thing I can tell you about make up (I am no pro) is brushes make a difference. I didn’t believe it myself when make up artists tried convincing me of this fact- but it’s true. Since I’ve invested into great brushes, my make up applies way easier & the outcome is a noticeable difference. This set carries the basic brushes you’ll need to get started.
21. Sam Edelman ‘Paige’ Fringed Ankle Bootie – I’m a HUGE fan of Sam Edelman shoes… these booties with a hint of fringe are perfect for fall & winter. Seriously love these!!!
22. Steve Madden ‘Staarz’ Ankle Fringe Sandal – These high heel suede/fringe sandals come in three colors: taupe, black, or red. You are sure to make a statement with these.
23. Joe’s ‘Giddy’ Leather Pointy Toe Pump – Black pointed toe high heels with lots of fun detail. Seriously cute!
24. Leith Shaker Stitch V-Back Sweater – I have a thing for shirts/sweaters with low backs… if I’m going to be real frank- the only dilemma I’ve found in wearing them is how to get by with or without wearing a bra 😉 Luckily this one isn’t so low where you can’t hide your strapless bra. I pulled it down a little farther than normal and it doesn’t show at all. Kind of obsessed with this piece as it’ll fit perfectly in my fall wardrobe! I also was able to wear it off shoulder so the all-around loose sweater fit is my favorite!
25. Wildfox ‘Malibu’ 56mm Sunglasses – I am OBSESSED with these! They’re already in my cart 🙂
Stay tuned… I plan on doing a giveaway either on here or my Instagram within the next couple of days to a week- I haven’t decided yet. It will be one of the items above- one of my favorite, can’t live without items… it’s gonna be good!
Hope you loved everything as much as I did!… now the question/problem for me is… How do I not buy it all? 😉